I did not vote for him. That's no secret. However - - democracy prevailed. I have to be proud of that fact. I will get entirely caught up in the hoopla today. The swearing in. The inaugural balls. Those first dances. I love it all. I think I just love being an American. I love that we have the freedom to do this. I love that for the most part, the exchange of power should be peaceful. So many countries aren't like that.
I really wished I could have gotten a ticket for the welcome home party in Midland for President and Mrs. Bush. I would love to wave and scream and show him that after eight years, I still support him. I don't think he'll go down as quite the "buffoon" some people try to make him out to be. Our worst president? Hardly. I really don't think he was the worst. Not the best either.He had a tough job. Our nation was physically attacked early into his administration. Then our economy fell. Does this rest entirely on his shoulders? No. That's why there are three branches of government - - for those of you who have forgotten. Not just the Executive. We also have the Legislative and the Judicial. I'm going to leave that there.
Where does that leave me? Praying for our country. Praying for our new leadership. I don't think Obama is an evil person. I'm not one of those bitter Republicans who quivers every time his name is mentioned. He is, in a few hours, going to be *my* president. *Your* president. *Our* president. And I think prayers for him are the way to go. He has a very tough job ahead of him.
I also think we should pray for the Bush family. As they re-enter the private life again.
It doesn't matter to me who you voted for. Today, celebrate freedom. Freedom to vote. What an accomplishment for black people. I hope he will stand as an incredible role model for them. I think they have been looking for one.
I don't look at him as being one color or another. I look at him as (soon to be) President of the United States of America.
God Bless America.
4 comments:
Very lovely and well said. I think there can never be enough prayers for our president, no matter who he is. I keep remembering, no one gets to that possition without God allowing it. I will join you in your prayers.
I don't think this could have been said any better! You definitely have a way with words.
I too will definitely be praying for our new president and his family!
Very well said! I thought I would be depressed today...alas, I am not. I am hopeful for our country. I think that from here, we have to go up...and I hope Obama does this well.
Thanks for putting this out there for all of us to think about...and pray about!
Wow, that was amazing, B! Thanks for that post.
Post a Comment