Thursday, November 20

So much to do...

...and I'm so frustrated that I don't know where to start.

My house is OUT OF CONTROL.

Seriously.

Laundry is backing up again. The dishwasher needs unloading and re-loading. Crap needs to be picked up. The floors need to be done. The stuff in the crock pot needs to be put away. (I made an AWESOME roast. It was fabulous.)

And what am I doing? Goofing off.

Oh yeah - - and I gotta finish that small can for K.

AND - - I *have* to have the children at their holding facility on time in the morning. They are doing a special day. The teachers are going to be Indians (excuse me, Native Americans) and the kids are going to be the Pilgrims. They will rotate classes and learn about how things *really* were at the first Thanksgiving. I love the idea. It's just that - - I am NOT a morning person. Something about staying up until the wee hours. I'm more of a night owl. Can we just go now and do the tee pee thing?

*stomps foot*

Okay. I'll do a couple of things and be in bed in thirty.

Be there at 8:45 in the morning?

*stamps foot again*

They did not consult with me on this.

6 comments:

MaierHousehold said...

You have so been out of the routine of early mornings for way to long! My household is up and out of the house before 7:30 AM.

Unknown said...

Oh Girlfriend....I feel your pain. Think of it as a dress rehearsal for kindergarten.

Yoda said...

I think Europe is on to something with their idea that Americans are out of their minds with the hours we work and the lack of relaxation and enjoyment in our lives. The average European worker works 10 hours less a week, yet is more productive than the average american worker.

I think we *all* should sleep later in the mornings... I'm just sayin'. ;)

Anonymous said...

roast...yummers...Can you share your *fab* recipe?

Liz said...

She has never been a morning person. Always up late and even sometimes not in the house.

MaierHousehold said...

Uh..Oh.. B..your mom is about to start spilling secrets! :0)

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...