Have I ever mentioned that household chaos makes me nuts?
Um. Yeah. It does. Bad.
We are remodeling our master bathroom. Mr. B has taken the "popcorn" stuff off of the ceiling, the carpet has been ripped out and now, the shower has, too. The primer stuff he is using on the ceiling smells HORRIBLE!!! We have a window open and a fan in front of it trying to pull some of the smell out. I don't think we'll be able to sleep in our bedroom tonight.
Taking that popcorn stuff off was a mess. Then - - the ceiling had to be "taped and mudded." After that - - sanding. My house is full of that stuff. It's everywhere.
It just occurred to me that I said "we" above. Mr. B is doing it. I'm sure I'll get to paint a little. But that's about all I'm interested in participating in. And - - I'm not real jazzed about painting. Just need to do my part. (No cutting for me - - just rolling.)
I've been stewing chicken all afternoon. I added the rice a bit ago. It's the makings for some awesome chicken and rice soup. Mr. B had to go get some supplies for the remodel, I added some saltines to his list. You have to have crackers with soup. It's in the rule book.
I plan on sticking the kids in the tub right after supper, then parking their sweet little bottoms in bed. A bath for me (in their bathroom) and then snuggling up with my new book. I temporarily "tabled" The Other Boleyn Girl. I'm having a hard time starting it anyway. I have had several friends *insist* that I read the Twilight series. So - - I got it yesterday. I'm completely captivated. I've only read the first chapter and I already crave more. No television for me tonight. Just me and my book.
I hope you all have had a blessed weekend.
2 comments:
My sister just told me about that same book 2 days ago and she said I needed to read it too..funny huh! Enjoy your quiet time with the book. Hopefully your house will be back to normal soon.
I super puffy-heart LOVE a good remodel!!! Demo is my friend (although I have never removed popcorn ceilings). You must check out my blog to see the 2 recent remodels in our new house (upstairs bathroom and man cave) that I mostly did myself :) Super Fun!!!
Post a Comment