Thursday, November 13

Domestic Goddess

That's me. I'm cooking dinner (chicken and dumplin's), I steam cleaned the carpet in the living room and I'm about to attack the kitchen floor with my Hoover Floormate.

Rock on, Me.

I'm playing the Dirty Dancing soundtrack while I clean. It's the expanded version. Love it. I'd forgotten how much I love it. I started out with Otis Redding singing Try a Little Tenderness. Great tune.

Okay, back to work.

6 comments:

Abby said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that soundtrack/movie! I knew there was a reason I loved you ;)

Shawna said...

I LOVE my hover floormate!!!

J. Page said...

I need your recipe for Chicken and Dumplins! Please share if you have a good one that is relatively easy.

J. Page said...

I need your recipe for Chicken and Dumplins! Please share if you have a good one that is relatively easy.

MaierHousehold said...

Chicken & Dumplings!!!! OMG! I should have had dinner with ya'll last night! If anyone wants to get to my heart, just make me some Chicken & Dumplings!

DIRTY DANCING! Another all time favorite...right up there with Grease and Pretty Woman!

~B said...

Confession - - I use the recipe on the Bisquick box.

Super easy. And delicious.

I just stew boneless, skinless chicken breasts for about three hours, on low. I add some of that chicken base from Sam's. Not too much though. It's salty!

Bring it back to a boil and add your dumplings (by the spoonfuls.) Cook on medium (uncovered) for ten minutes. Then cover and cook for ten more.

Presto.

My kids love it because there aren't any vegetable in it. I serve those on the side.

Perfect comfort food!

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...