Wednesday, October 24

A Flaw in the System

With the OB/GYN appointment system, that is. It's messed up. And being an infertile woman, I'm convinced it's the preggos that are screwing it up. It makes total sense. Have you ever been waiting in that hideous gown (opened to the front), freshly pedicured I might add, only to be told that the doc is at the hospital delivering a baby? Ugh. It throws the whole system out of whack. That's not why I'm complaining today. I am convinced though, that it explains part of my problem. I got a postcard in the mail telling me that it was time for my annual. It said to call to schedule an appointment for March. I though, "Wow, they are really on the ball. March? Okay. I can plan ahead." I got this card about two weeks ago.

I called today.

She tells me that the earliest he can see me for my annual is May 21st. Heh? I told her that would put me behind a little, but what the hey. Fine by me. I don't exactly look forward to that visit. As long as they refill my hormones, I'm good to go. She then tells me that puts me *way* behind. I'm due in November. Again. Heh?

Why did I *just* get a reminder postcard if they knew that the appointment making was so far behind? Could they not have sent it to me in May or June? Then, I'd be on top of things. Not six months behind. Oh well, what's done is done. I'm on a waiting list for a cancellation. We'll see about that. I'm just blown away at how flawed their system is.

2 comments:

Yoda said...

I just got an appt card to schedule for next August... was able to get in for August, but you must call *the very day* you receive it. One missed day = two weeks later.

Ironically enough, they said they would call me *the day before* to remind me. Gee, thanks for the notice.

MaierHousehold said...

I got an appt card last December, and they were not able to get me in until June....

Maybe our doc's are just that good? Maybe their secretaries have the problem with "overbooking"?

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...