Sunday, October 7

The Sleep Talker Speaks Again

This just cracks me up. It starts out as what I think is completely normal conversation. Then - - boom! Something that makes no sense at all. Hilarious! Let me set tonight's scene up for you. Husband was being good to me. We watch Desperate Housewives together and then he (sort of) handles the kids while I watch Brothers and Sisters. (So, so good tonight. That last scene. *gasp* Oh, a mother's love for her son. Awwwww......) I digress.

Anyway, there was a commercial on and I could hear Thing 2 keeping things somewhat stirred up. (They'd gone back to our bedroom and crawled in our bed to sleep.) So, I stole Thing 2 and took him to his own bed. Much to his displeasure. Divide and conquer works 9/10 times. This was one of those times it worked. Thing 1 fell asleep in our bed and I went to retrieve him to put him in his own.

As I rounded the corner to my room, I could hear Husband. He had the snoring in overdrive. I don't know how Thing 1 was still asleep. It was LOUD. I woke him up and told him I was taking Thing 1 to bed. Brief chit-chat ensued and then I threw in the whole, "Man, does your throat hurt? That was some serious snoring." That's when he said, "Yeah, I can usually tell when I've been snoring when I wake up. I'm pointed in the..." And then he stopped. I could tell he was asleep and I tried to bait him. It didn't work. Back out like a light. Dang it. I tried to have some fun with it. I love to engage the sleeping talker.

Oh well, maybe next time. He's just hard to catch.

No comments:

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...