Hello. Absent blogger here. I have lots to catch you up on. I'll try to be brief with my summaries. I don't know how successful I'll be with that. If you get bored, feel free to drop off.
Let's see. The last time I posted I was incredibly mad about Survivor. I still am. I fear that my man James is going to bite the dust soon. Let's hope for that immunity idol. That - or - another shake up. Doubtful. Maybe a merge? Nah. Won't happen. Dang it. I won't get to watch the show live this week. Husband and I have plans. We go to this dinner show benefit thing every year and it's always on a Thursday. It's this Thursday. The entertainment this year - The Oak Ridge Boys. Not my first choice, but I'll be honest, who doesn't want to hear a live version of Elvira? C'mon. I grew up listening to those fellas. My folks are going to be green with envy. Rest assured though, I'll be staying up late that night and watching Survivor. E.R. will have to wait until Friday.
I was afraid my bad attitude would spoil our weekend plans. It didn't. We went camping. We took our trailer out for the first time. It was nice. The campground - not so much. Not at all. In West Texas, we call 'em stickers. (Husband calls them grass burs. He's from up 'Noth. Yes. I spelled that wrong. I was using my southern accent. I know it's spelled north.) Anyway, there were A PLETHORA of stickers. Husband and I agreed that they should torch that state park. I mean actually set it on fire. Burn it off and start over. I don't mean to be disrespectful of the other fires right now. Not what I'm sayin'. That's horrible. But this place - UGH. Poor little Thing 2 - the only thing he was good at was falling down and catching handfuls of them EVERY time. They were in our clothes, our camper, our towels, our shoes. They were everywhere. To say we won't be going back to that wretched place would be a gross understatement.
I didn't let camping in BFE ruin me. I still enjoyed it. So much that when we got home, I got on the Internet and made our reservation for the place we wanted to go this past weekend but it had been booked up. Now available. It's supposed to be a pretty nice place and it's close. I'm looking forward to it. Maybe we can actually let the kids play outside this time.
Other stuff - today is my Mom's birthday. The big 6-0! Happy Birthday Mom! We seem to have a system in place to do dinner out for birthdays. For the 'rents, we buy. For us, they buy. It just works. And makes everyone happy and feel good. We had to go last night because they left town AGAIN today. This cabin they bought in the mountains has turned them into, well, I don't know, mountain-traveling people. (Actually, people who now own a house that is about ten minutes from a ski lift. I'm just sayin'.) Anyway - - Mom chose Texas Roadhouse for dinner. As luck would have it (and I mean LUCK), there were Marines from our local AFB there. They were the servers for the evening. It was a program called Tips for Tots. All of the tips went for Toys for Tots. I have ALWAYS been a sucker for men in uniforms. They were everywhere. And they served us dinner. Where was my camera? At home. Blimey. I didn't get a single picture of it. And there were some pictures worth taking! :p Now, I was nice to my Mom and didn't tell them that it was her birthday. They would have made a big production about it and tried to make her get on that saddle. I was selfish. I couldn't have handled it. I would have peed in my pants from laughing. And no camera. She was thankful. You owe me one, Mom!
Today - lunch with a friend and NO housework done. I'm so far behind. I need to try to get some things done now. Husband commented on it. Ugh. The thing is - he's right. If he wasn't, I'd call him on it. But he's right. I was lazy this afternoon. That means - I'm outta here. I hope I didn't bore you too much.
Oh yes, one more thing. Thing 1 put a popcorn kernel up his nose this afternoon. He told me he had something in there and I wrongly assumed it was just a big boog. I nearly killed him when I pulled it out and saw what it was. That boy.
I meant two things. Thing 2 took a big poo on the kitchen floor last night. He had pulled all of his clothes off and was running around nakey. I was laughing and thinking he was so cute. Then "bam." A big pile on my kitchen floor. Then he tried to run his semi-truck through it. GROSS!
These kids. God bless preschoolers.
2 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!! Your boys!! Did you make Thing 2 clean it up? Just checking...
Glad that your weekend was somewhat pleasant. I hope your next camping trip will be much better!
Glad you are liking the campin' thing. Me, not so much. Oh the preschool times...wow...you make me laugh!!! Love You!
Post a Comment