I can't believe how fast four years has gone by. My oldest is now four. Wow. I'm sitting here looking at him and thinking about how I fall a little more in love with him every day. I think about the events of that week. All of those events that led up to that phone call. Oh - that phone call. I still get goosebumps. Remember it Bobby? He's the one that got to call me and tell me that a baby was being born that day. October 31, 2003.
So many of you were a part of our lives then. Many of you had been fervently praying that God would bless us with a baby. We even heard stories of couples praying about it the night before. Then the call. A call that changed our lives forever. And his.
I can't help but to "tear up" a little when I think of his birth mother. I know she loves him. I could see her heart breaking as she handed that not so tiny bundle over to me. When she kissed him good-bye, tears fell down her face. I promised her I'd love him with everything I have. So, while today is a fun day for us - I'm sure it's a tough day for her. Please pray for her. I know that she knows she did the right thing. She and I still talk on occasion. She has seen pictures of him.
Happy Birthday Little Man! I love you more than you'll ever know.
And to the woman who gave me one of the best gifts I've ever been given - - thank you. The words seem so small. But I have no other. Thank you for choosing life.
2 comments:
WOW, I should have know that you would be mushy today! Isn't it funny to stop and look back at your life before kids and then realize how much of a blessing they really are? It doesn't matter how crappy a day you have had, you will always have your children and the love will never stop!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY J-MAN!!!
Thanks for sharing this story, I have goosebumps and tears. Hope he had a great day...what a blessing! Thanks again for sharing.
Post a Comment