Thursday, June 7

Good Cop/Bad Cop

Guess which one I am? You won't have to think long and hard on that one. I get to be bad cop on this one. Husband has been good cop. Too good. He may even call in and warn these "kind folks" over at the appliance place that bad cop (aka, me, that the wife that is madder than hell that her washer *still* isn't ready yet, will be calling later.) I hope they have a dang good answer. I mean, like all of the President's washers at the flippin' White House all went out at the same time or something like that. Otherwise...

GET ME MY FREAKIN' WASHING MACHINE BACK TO MY HOUSE MUY PRONTO. YOU DON'T WANT MY PHONE CALL IN THE MORNING. TRUST ME. IF I HAVE TO ENDURE ANOTHER WEEKEND AT THE LAUNDROMAT, SOME HEADS ARE GOING TO ROLL. GET ME MY WASHER - - PRONTO. IT SEEMS REAL UNIMPORTANT TO YOU, MR. GREASE MONKEY WHO ANSWERS THE PHONE. JUST HAVE YOUR "SUPPLIERS" OVERNIGHT THAT PART AND YOU GET YOUR "STAFF" TO SPEND THEIR WEEKEND FIXING MY WASHER. I WANT IT IN MY HOUSE, WORKING AND WASHING CLOTHES, NO LATER THAN CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON MONDAY. THAT'S YOUR DEADLINE. AFTER THAT DATE, I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR MY ACTIONS.

Look at this picture. What is missing? Oh, that's right. My washing machine. And my poor, poor Gain. Sitting there, all alone on the Dryer. Not knowing what to do. So lost. Wanting to bring happiness back to this family. Longing for what once was a happier time. Idly waiting. Sometimes, I walk by, unscrew the lid and just take a deep breath. Someday my dear friend. Someday. We'll all be back together again. Oh - - those were good times. Such nostalgia.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

laundromats are havens for all sorts of odd peeps. Do you know, that there is one inside of a bar here in town? So you do what? Drink till you gerf (college sporting event) then strip (another sporting event) and wash while you wait? HAH! I used to take dryer rides when I was in college. cheap thrills for a quarter. Now I have to bring a personal stereo, a book and blinders to suppress the raging desire to choke the crap out of the people who: let their hooligans scream and run everywhere; TOUCH my things (no no no!); dump wash powder EVEREEEwhere except IN the washer. sigh. I sold my wash/dry with my house. I miss it so. I am using my friends at his house. Mine were better. There's something to be said for your own nice, lovely washer. miss you babe! Glad it's back. K

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...