Friday, June 8

The call...

**phone rings**

Him: ABC Appliance Company

Me: Hi, I'm calling to check on the status of our washing machine.

Him: Okay.

Me: The name is Gain. (The names have been changed to protect the innocent. I selected Gain in memory of good smells.)

Him: Let me check on that for you.

(Hold time.)

Him: I see that part was ordered. It looks like it shipped on Monday. Huh. It should have been here Wednesday. I'm going to have to call that supplier and follow up with that.

Me: (You think?) Okay. Can we just get that part overnighted to us and get this thing fixed? I'm looking at a third weekend at the laundromat. I am a mother of toddlers. This is quite difficult. I need my washer back.

Him: Well, due to the Maytag conversion to Whirlpool, parts are harder to get.

Me: (Thinking, well, if the part was ordered...we didn't have too much trouble finding them before did we? How about we order them again? And we utilize modern technology and have them overnighted to us? You can have that option. It's called Saturday morning delivery.)

Him: I can call them and let you know what I find out.

Me: Yes, that would be great. Because I was thinking we'd get our washer back today.

Him: Oh, you won't get it back today.

Me: (Well, duh.)

Him: We're looking at Monday at the earliest. I'll get on the phone with them and see what I can find out. Can I get your number again? I'm not back in the shop and don't have access to your file right here.

Me: (Trying to imagine their filing system.) Sure, it's ***-****. I appreciate it. Good-bye.

Him: Good-bye.

Yeah. I'll bet it's at least another week. Any other bets? My head is about to blow up off up my shoulders. We have VBS next week. Me and the boys have to wear the same shirts every day for five days. I was kind of counting on that washer being back here before then. I am not happy.

No comments:

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...