I'm glad you asked. I've been busy fulfilling my duties as mayor of Suckville. That's right friends and neighbors. It seems I bought a one way ticket to the Land Of Suck and I couldn't find the ticket booth to purchase a ticket out. So - - I hitched a ride. I hope. As if the migraine on Thursday wasn't enough... Friday was decent. Except for the hangover that *always* follows a migraine. It's the medicine I have to get that helps knock me out to help me "sleep the migraine off." It stays in my system a good 24 hours. Easily. So I was groggy all day Friday. (And my patience ran pretty thin. Sorry, boys!!)
Luckily I snapped out of it in time to scrap. (Insert the Church Lady from SNL saying snarkily - - "How Convenient!") I always love scrapping. And I got to scrap with my church peeps. Mucho good times there. I actually got two pages done and started a third. (For those that don't know me, that's incredible. I visit a lot and usually get little done. So this was quite the feat.
Saturday started out okay - - but went downhill fast. It really sucked for H. (Pray for her - - would ya?) Her hand, a big rock and the front end of my dad's tractor did not make for a good combination. Let's just say that after some surgery on Saturday evening - - we hope she is on the mend. Seriously - - please pray for her. We love her a lot and want her to heal. (Love, love, love you H!!)
Later that evening, I was watching the Olympic gymnastic trials and watching my boys do somersaults in the living room when an all too familiar pain struck. I started watching the clock (as if I was timing contractions.) I finally bit the bullet and told the Mister. That's right. I got stoned. Again. It was about 9:30 when my Dad picked me up to take me to the E.R. We figured taking the boys there was just not an option. (Thanks, Dad!) He dropped me off. No sense waiting there with me. I was there, hooked up to an I.V. (fluids and drugs) until around 2:30 a.m. That's when R came and got me. She was my hero. I had called and asked her before Dad even dropped me off. She was one of my (many) friends who chewed my butt out for not calling last time. She said she was happy to do it. And I am so very grateful to have friends who would do this for me. So - - Thanks, R. Really, really, thanks. (I wonder if she ever thought it would be 2:30 in the morning though. She still would have done it!!)
Today, it's been about passing stones. Two of them. Good times. I'm feeling much better now. I'm about to fold some laundry.
Someone remind me tomorrow to tell you about my experience with the male E.R. nurse. It's a funny story. I'd tell you now, but this post is entirely too long and I doubt many of you are still reading anyway. Besides, why not have a little something to look forward to?
Ciao!
1 comment:
Girl! Crazy pain - sorry to hear that. My migraine meds give me a "hangover", too. I love the male nurse story - I'm kind of partial to them ;) Take care of yourself!
Post a Comment