Monday, June 9

Busy, busy, busy!

Okay. Where to start?

Our trip to San Antonio was a blast! No. It was a blasty-blast. Sea World was great. It was overcast (oh yeah) and therefore, not quite as hot as it could have been. We walked in the gate just in time to catch the sea lion show. It was the best show of the day. Hands down. The Shamu show - - or as Justin called it, the Shampoo show - - was not so great. The Mister and I both gave it two thumbs down. The Shamu show has *always* been my favorite. I'd watch it over and over and over... Let's put it like this - - we bought season tickets for Sea World this year. When we go back, I won't be wasting my time attending the Shamu show. I was so disappointed. It was really lame. Nothing spectacular. The show in and of itself was just not as good as it has been in the past. There. I said it. (Okay, I still love Shamu. He still fascinates me. So much that I'm still going to show you a picture of him.)



There was much walking, for Daddy and I, and the boys rode in a rented double stroller. Justin rode a "big boy ride" Here is a picture of he and I on it. I can't believe he wanted to ride it. He is my dare-devil. (By the way, we are on the back row. I'm in the lime green shirt and he is right next to me. Look how little he looks in that big ride!! Also, note our death grips! Tee hee hee!!)


The best part of the day was going to the Lost Lagoon for the afternoon. The kids LOVED it! Who wouldn't? Great times. We will probably spend most of our time there when we go back. Less shows, more water park. Nothing wrong with that.



We were worn out and three of the four occupants of our car were asleep within 5 minutes of leaving the park. (Sorry, Mr. B!)

We went to Mr. B's parent's house. It was fun. We saw his sister and her family. We hadn't seen them in over a year and a half. I escaped for a bit and went into San Antonio for a smidge of shopping. We're talking Kohl's and a scrapbook store. Loved it.

We came home on Saturday and pretty much chilled on Sunday. Well, sort of. I had to go to church and decorate for VBS. From there, I went and did the un-thinkable.

I've decided I'm going to save the details of my moment of insanity for my next post. It deserves a post of it's own. So I'll abandon this one for now. It's been long enough anyway. See you in the next post!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are took the girls last year, and they had a ball! So much so, we are planning on going in July! I am sad the Shamu show didn't do better than "two thumbs down!" I enjoyed doing my "tail" swipe with my hands last year! ;0)

Shawna said...

Glad you had a good time! We would like to go there some day soon.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...