Monday, June 2

B's Movie Review

It's the weekend. And no basketball. So guess what? My movie review is back!

Yes, I know. Huge sigh of relief on your part.

The sad thing is - - both movies have been out. For a while.

Saturday night the Mister and I watched Deja Vu with Denzel Washington. While not very realistic (How much of Hollywood is realistic?) it was very good. It pulled together quite nicely at the end. Very action packed. Val Kilmer was also in it. I'd been meaning to see it for quite some time, but never felt "the urge" to see it. So - - I wasn't disappointed by anything. No major let downs by high expectations. The B movie rating - - "A-."

Sunday night (tonight actually, even though this post will read like it's Monday - - yes, yes, it's late) I turned on P.S. I Love You. Okay. That guy was H.O.T. Both of them. Not Harry Connick, Jr. I thought he looked pretty crappy. I'm talking about the Irish guys. Dude. Rawr. It had a cute ending. Other than that - - the movie was downright DEPRESSING. Seriously depressing. All I want to do right now is go and snuggle with my man. But he's asleep and he snores. Also, Cam fell asleep in there tonight. I need to move him. Ugh. I digress. The movie. I think that I've wanted to see this one for so long and I expected SO much out of it that it really flopped for me. It made me work over a lot of "what ifs" in my head. "How would I feel? Would I cry for that long? What would I do? Wow - - The Mister would never even think to send me letters." That kind of stuff. Just left me in a funk and I don't like to be in a funk after movies. While I adore Hillary Swank and I totally felt her pain in this movie (perhaps a little too much), I can't give this one a must see recommendation. The B movie rating - - "B-."

Okay - - that is all.

Goodnight my dear stalkers. I mean fans.

Smooches all around.

No comments:

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...