Friday, May 30

A New Day

And a new perspective.

I'm in a much better mood!

I know that this world doesn't go round and round because of basketball. Especially the NBA. I really got into it again. Very invested. Not monetarily. Just mentally.

But this morning I woke up and realized that I really do have lots of great things to look forward to. Some really, really great things.

We are taking the kids to Sea World next week. I hope that's a great thing. I love Sea World. I think my kids will love Sea World. I just hope I still love Sea World after spending the day there with my children.

The week after that is VBS. I get tired just typing that. I LOVE VBS. LOVE it. But there's just something about having to be there at 8:00 in the morning... I don't ever have to be anywhere at 8:00 in the morning. Much less - - have two kids ready and there at 8:00 in the morning. That part is trying. Everyone says, let the kids nap. They aren't at all familiar with my kids, are they? Cam will. But Justin? No. He has no part of it.

The best part of my YEAR will happen on the 17th of this month. My two best friends and their children are coming home for six months!!! They are going to live about a block from my parents. I. Am. Pumped. Please pray for Ang's health. She is having some complications and needs to see a few doctors stateside to get things straightened out. I am overjoyed at the prospect of getting to spend the summer with them. Lots of pool time, morning trips to Starbucks, movies, Wii tournaments - - life will be good.

Also - - Ang is just awesome. She is just rock solid. She makes me want to be a better person. She inspires me to be a better wife, mother, daughter, friend, and especially Christian.

So - - yeah. Life is good. Life is real good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you get to spend the summer with your fam, but am sorry that it's due to medical reasons. At least they realized this is what needs to happen to get her better! Hope you guys have a great time with them!

:0)

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...