We had fun!
I will share with you one story, then I *have* to go to bed.
You know how I am *completely* afraid of snakes, right? Let me re-phrase that. I am *deathly* afraid of snakes. Just like with tornadoes, I can feel my heart race just talking about them. When it comes down to it, I'd rather face a twister head-on than ever have to deal with a snake. Just sayin'.
So - - imagine with me, this: Our family, and the family camping with us, all decide to go fishing out on the dock. Good times, right? It was. I sat there and watched. Mostly to keep Cameron under control. Also, I don't mind the fishing part. I love the adrenaline rush of the tug on the line. I just don't like touching the fish. Just creeps me out. So, I squealed, like a girl, the few thousand times they dangled a fish on a line in front of my face. I just sat there, Indian-style, on that dock, and took one for the team. Cameron became a little much, so he and I went back to the camper. (He was none-to-pleased with this call, but that's another story for another day.)
We played around at our campsite and waited for Daddy and Justin to come back. When they did, Daddy had a little something to tell me. Apparently, right *freaking* under where I was sitting, lived a water moccasin. That's right. A snake. A huge freaking snake. Right under me. The whole time. I'm about to vomit just talking about it. (And I'm no fan of the puke either!) I can't believe it. Later, from quite the distance, I witnessed everyone bending down, looking beneath the slats in the wood, less than one foot from that poisonous creature. Did I mention I was sitting right on top of his home? I refused to go back out there again. I wasn't happy about my children going out there. At all.
I had completely forgotten about these snakes. It is entirely possible that I will never get in another lake, ever again. Ever. Screw water skiing, jet skiing, even boating. I am not happy.
Let's put it this way, I'd rather go do my annual, every day, for the rest of my life, than to ever even have to think about it again.
I was sitting *right* there.
*shudder*
No comments:
Post a Comment