I have a question for my fellow bloggers. Does the whole "Six Degrees" thing freak you out? At all?
In my blog surfing tonight, I realized I was linked on a blog. No problem. But I realized that someone else was linked on there as well. Someone I didn't expect. And it hit me like a ton of bricks. I know that I hit the sites on those sites, and so on and so on. It made me wonder. Who has found me? It made me realize that there are just certain things I can't complain about on here.
More paranoia ensues.
Don't worry. I won't change my address again. I am me. In my own way, I don't care. About what people think about me. I mean, I guess I do. Deep down. But my kids and my husband. I do care about what people think about them.
Gah.
Crap.
3 comments:
You know it freaks me out a little... hence the password protection. I am too candid, and way too irreverent, for the majority of the free world. Only those who know and love me need to see that deep into my psyche. I blog for me and them... no one else needs to know.
That's what totally freaks me out about the whole blogging thing. It makes it hard for me to truly be "me" and open up. I don't think there's an easy answer. As much as we protest that we don't care what others think or say--the fact is we really do. I guess getting past our need to be liked or accepted is a huge step in the right direction. And a little prayer hoping our words don't come back to bite us in the butt surely won't hurt :).
I am not afraid of judgement. I am uninterested in dealing with backlash... that's all.
Post a Comment