I watched someone litter today. She threw a lit cigarette down in the Wal-Mart parking lot. My gut instinct was to tell her that she dropped something. I wanted to *so* bad. I wimped out. She had two other people and a small child with her. I was kind of afraid of her. For one, she wasn't the classiest of life forms. Probably a dirty fighter. Complete with hair pulling, shirt ripping, etc. I was kind of scared. Also, she knew which car I got out of. To date, I have no key marks down the side of my car. I prefer to keep it that way. I wish I'd said something. I'd love to be more bold. I know that surprises some of you. Does that mean that deep down inside I'm really just a big weenie? I'm all talk? Dang it. Now I'm mad at myself.
So - - was I gutless or smart?
6 comments:
Gopher girl, you were smart, but oh, how I wish you'd said it with skates on! Would've loved to have seen it!
There's no shame in saving your face or your car from permanent scarring!
--amy
Never tangle with a dragon. You are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
And she'd probably just bought some ketchup. Yoda, you are wise beyond your years. And funny. *chuckle*
Amy - - "with skates on" Hee hee. If you'd been there with me, you could have thrown your keys at her and then we could have skated off together!!!
Smart or gutless? That's a good question. Too bad she doesn't read your blog... you have a lot of guts here. I bet your keyboard would rather you give the beating to the flunky that has little regard for those of us who like clean air and clean streets. I think you should have said, "You dropped your butt!" Then, based on her reaction you could have laughed it off like it was joke or you could have given her your "I'm not kidding" look.
"You dropped your butt." That's funny! And you know that "I'm not kidding look" don't you?
It's easy to be bold when you are hiding behind a keyboard. Hmmmm... I feel a whole entry based on that coming on.
Well, I have been out of pocket that past few days, and I needed a good laugh...
I don't think you need anymore votes...these seem to say it all. Especially "baby bro."
Kim
Post a Comment