Tuesday, January 15

To the Director's Office you go. Twice.

I'm tired of talking in code. It's too much. And I'm too mad. Names are fine. Just first one's though.

I went to school to pick the kids up about ten minutes early today. Early. A word seldom in my vocabulary. Usually not an action part of my day. I was, however, early. After I got Cam, he and I stopped in the hall just short of Justin's class. Justin came running out to me and then the school's director stopped me. She told me that Justin had been to her office not once, but twice today. Once for running off after the class lined up to go inside from the playground time and then refusing to mind the teacher and get back in line to go inside. The second time was for hitting another child.

WHAT?????

I am not happy. Guess what Little Man? No movies. No X-Box. And pardon this cliche, but you just *wait* until your father gets home from work.

I will not raise obnoxious brats. Disrespectful little human. He owes his teacher a BIG apology tomorrow. He *WILL* apologize to her when we get to school in the morning.

He is DANG lucky I didn't get a phone call from the Director when he got sent to the office the second time. DANG lucky. His butt would still be on fire. His only saving grace right now is that she told me he was remorseful when he got in trouble. The bad part? It was around noon when the noon crowd were leaving school for the day. Great. Other parents saw my child being taken down the hall to the office. (With him crying wanting to know where she was taking him.)

I'm so proud.

3 comments:

Shawna said...

You did the right thing by taking those things away from him. I had to take the Wii away from both boys this weekend until next weekend or so.... It was so hard to do especially when my lil guy says "but mom I have learned my lesson & I think I need a second chance" he is 6. Ugh, boys!

Selenaintx said...

Isn't it mortifying? I remember the first time that happened with Q in preschool...I freaked. I think once they understand this is not ok and there are severe consequences, they get it real quick. Oh the joys of motherhood.

Anonymous said...

Oh the JOYS! At least J was remorseful! That has to stand for something! I hate it when I got notes from A's school....like everyone has told me...It's their age. Okay, BUT! I work my hiney off so they will have manners! Way to go with being strong and taking away the extras!

Kim

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...