Saturday, January 26

*yawn*

I'm trying to think of something good to post here. Nothing really good comes to mind.

I cheated on my diet tonight. Bad. We went to dinner with some friends and I've been *craving* anything with Alfredo sauce in it. Alfredo sauce it was. It wasn't Olive Garden good, but it was good. I guess I'll be doing the two slim fast meals tomorrow and a sensible dinner.

Oh, hi there, Nakey.

I'll be right back.

*break in blogging here*

That was Cam. (Yes, it's 12:25 and he is still awake. It seems that Parent's Night Out didn't wear him out at all.) He came into the living room with just his pj top on. I had to remedy that before the steam cleaner was necessary. This has become a common occurrence for him. His diaper gets the slightest bit wet and he rips it off. He likes the nakey part of things. I, however, don't like seeing it. He'll climb into bed with us early in the morning and it's more, "Hello, Nakey." Yes, that boy needs to be potty trained.

*another break in blogging here*

Oh no. This did *not* just happen to me. To squeamish me. While Husband is asleep. This - - you aren't going to believe. You know how Justin liked sticking things in his ears when he was younger? Cam seems to have an oral fixation. In other words, he sticks things in his mouth. He also licks stuff. But that's another story for another day. As I'm typing the "nakey" stuff, I hear coughing. I dismissed it. I have a cough and thought one of the boys had caught my bug and were starting that phase of it. Oh no. Cam comes back in here and starts saying, "dirty, dirty, dirty" and pointing to his shirt. This meant he puked. There wasn't much on his shirt, so I ushered him to the kitchen to tidy him up. I made him wait there while I went to the bedroom (where Justin was still sleeping) to assess the damage. I couldn't see anything. Whew. Then, I saw the sock. A wadded up sock, with "stuff" all over it.

I know. G-ross. This is how I figure it went down. I gave him his socks earlier to put on by himself. I had no idea he'd try to suck on them. It appeared as though he'd crammed the whole thing in his mouth and he was actually choking on it when I heard him coughing. I know what you are thinking. Same as me. Holy crap. Does this stuff really happen? Yes it does. It just did. Live. Right here, my kid tried to suck on a sock and it dang near killed him. Big dork.

Who sucks on socks? I guess it's the same kid who licks the couch. And runs around "nakey."

And I had nothing to say earlier. I jinxed myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fast forward 15 years.
Cam's Girlfriend: (looking at old photos) Cam, you were so cute as a baby.
Cam: Thanks
Cam's Girlfriend: Tell me something you did as a kid.
Cam: I dont think I really did anything, I was just a kid.
Cam's Mom: I'll tell you what he did.... I wrote all about it... Actually the whole world knows.... he licked the floor and sucked on socks. Be careful when you kiss him later, he's got a tongue fungus we aint identified yet.

~B said...

"Be careful when you kiss him later, he's got a tongue fungus we aint identified yet."

Now *that's* funny.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...