Monday, January 28

Still here.

I'm still here. I just don't have much to say. I have two loads of laundry I'm about to fold and a load drying right now. I *hate* it when I let the laundry back up. I need to step up my laundry game a little. Remember when I was so jazzed about laundry? About how I was going to stay on top of it, fold it right out of the dryer? Never take my washer for granted anymore? Crap. I want those days back. I don't want anything to break. I just want to get my act together. Now I just have to clean the crap off of my washer and dryer.

I'm going to be buying groceries Tuesday afternoon. I feel like I'm in a rut with our menus. I have Thursday night covered. (Husband's birthday. He requested chicken lasagna. Yummers.) I would like some low-cal, kid-friendly ideas for Tuesday and Wednesday. Maybe even this weekend. We are supposed to go to San Antonio, but that may have just fallen through. I'll know more about that later. (Going to see Husband's fam. Now his sister is sick, so we might not go. We don't want the flu.) Anyway, I would like your ideas. Comment for me, would you? Keep in mind, I'm no gourmet. I like things simple. And I LOVE the crockpot. Come on, hook a sister up.

Okay, time to fold, then to bed. Maybe even within the hour. Wow. Unheard of. In bed by 1:00 a.m. That sounds crazy...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a recipe for you, but I don't think it would be considered low-cal, but my girls love it!

Cook ground beef-seasoned the way you and your family like. Maybe add some onion. I ususally add BBQ sauce for extra flavoring. Set it aside. Get a can of Grands Biscuits, and separate them. Roll out the biscuit, about the size of the lid of a 44 drink from Sonic. Drop in a spoonful of the meat mixture and top with grated cheese. Fold over the biscuits, and seal to close. You may need to use a fork to help seal it. Spread a little bit of butter on top of the biscuit to help it get a nice brown color. Place on cookie sheet and cook in 350 degree oven. Hopefully you can make sense of this.

Kimmy

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...