Sunday, January 13

2007: The year of a Legacy

This was in a previous Sunday's paper and I thought it would be good to use on my blog: Ten Questions for 2007:

1. What was the hardest thing you had to do this year? I really didn't even have to think about my answer to this one. I was driving to the hospital to be with my grandfather in what would be his final day here on earth. The last few minutes where I held his hand as he took his last breaths. It was such an emotional moment. To have been with him - here on this earth. And to know, that as his eyes closed, while he was right there with me, he saw the face of our Lord and Savior. Wow. It was incredibly hard losing him. He was my last living grandparent. I'd gotten so close to him over the past year. It was hard to say good-bye to him.
2. What was the most fun? Husband, J and I had an opportunity to go to Fiesta Texas for a day. The J-Man seemed to really enjoy riding the thrill rides. We had a wonderful day.
3. What were the milestones? I'd call getting J potty trained a significant milestone! We're there!!!! Joint effort on mine and Husband's part. He is now in preschool and learning - - a lot! C is in Mother's Day Out and just being C.
4. What was your biggest accomplishment? At one point, I was with my brother and sister at the same time this year. I don't know when that will happen again. It was nice. We laughed a lot.
5. What's something you wanted to do, but didn't? I wanted to lose weight, but didn't. Apparently, I didn't want to do this bad enough, or I would have done it.
6. What was your biggest surprise? Husband bought me a cool new laptop *and* an mp3 player this year. Yay!!!
7. What was the meanest thing you did? Hmmm. There is someone I don't get along too well with. I tend to do things to agitate her. That's kind of mean.
8. What was something you worried about that you don't worry about now? I worried a lot about my dad's health while he tried to take care of my grandfather. That's taken care of now. My grandfather is being taken care of by Jesus now.
9. What made you proud? My husband. Every day. He is so good at what he does. Sometimes I think he works in a den of vipers and still comes out with his head held high and his dignity intact. He is attacked on every level and on several occasions had every excuse under the sun to just walk away from his job. And probably should have. But he didn't. He has more ethic in his pinky finger than those guys have in their entire bodies. And talent? Don't get me started there. He makes me proud every day.
10. Finally, describe a moment you want to remember. I want to remember the last thing my grandfather said to me that morning before he passed away. It was his catch phrase for my brother, sister and me. He would tell us, "You're a good one." It was the way he said it. We all knew the phrase well. Baby Bro was jealous when I told him that I got to hear it one more time. I don't think I'll ever forget hearing it. It was music to my ears. And something told me it would be the last time.

No comments:

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...