I got word today that our Mom's column wasn't picked up again for this year. We got scrapped. Budget cuts or something like that. And I totally understand. It's a shame that our column didn't generate enough "hits" or "comments" to warrant our presence for another year. I always got tons of compliments here, on Facebook and in person. Mr. B got them from people he knows, too. So I think people enjoyed what they read. At least I hope so.
I'm sad that it's ending. I'm not sure if I'll receive anymore freelance offers from them. I'd like to think I will. But who knows?
I guess it's a signal that it's time to move on. I have some big dreams and big plans. And I've felt the pull, stronger than ever, to move forward. Starting from scratch. Sort of. But putting the wheels into motion now. It's like my hand was forced. Perhaps a larger audience is in my future.
All I can do is try.
So that's where I am.
Thanks Standard Times for the opportunity. You took a chance on an unknown writer. And I was very blessed by it.
Onward and upward I go.
No comments:
Post a Comment