My legs feel heavy today and my abs hurt.
Why do my abs hurt? I jogged. And walked. That's it. This happened last time, too. I don't think my breathing is right. I think I tense up when I hit the jogging phase of the program.
I'll test it out tomorrow.
Just breathe.
This applies to a lot of things. Me needing to just breathe. Relax and breathe. Let God have the stuff that is weighing me down.
I've been really worked up for a couple of weeks about something. I didn't realize how much it had consumed me until I spilled the beans with a friend. Before I knew it - - the words just started coming out. My frustrations, my hurt, how much I've been feeling on edge... I've been incredibly uncomfortable. Someone distant from the problem gave me some incredible perspective.
And it's this:
God made me for who I am. He made me to be me. Not to pretend to be someone else. Not to conform to who I think others want me to be. Just be me. God loves me. I am free to be me.
It was like the weight was instantly lifted off of my shoulders. I don't feel "off" anymore. I feel so much better.
Ahhhhhhh.
Now I can breathe again.
2 comments:
I have this prayer box that I use (listed alphabetically and divided by days of the week), and your post made me think of what I pray for you every week! :)
Love being able to chat with an ol' friend to be able to put things in perspective.
Post a Comment