Friday, January 11

Happy Friday!

Fantastic day today.

I started it out with doing day two of week one on C25K.  I should have done it Wednesday, but I didn't.  I can't remember why.  I'm sure I had a lame excuse.  Then there was yesterday.  Not sure why either.  Time got away from me.  This morning, I was like, "Uh, no.  Get your fat butt on the treadmill."  And since I'm a little bit afraid of fat me, I did what I told myself to do.  And let me tell you - - I felt FANTASTIC once I got started.  I made my best time.  Yay me!

I then picked up our exchange students and took them to the bank.  That took a little longer than planned.  It's okay though.

I went to Starbucks because I hadn't had breakfast and my tummy was cursing at me.  Coffee.  Ahhhhhh.  I hadn't been there yet this year.  And yes, we are eleven days into the new year.  I'm pacing myself.  Then I was off to get my nails done.  I couldn't understand a thing he was telling me today.  He must have thought I was a total goon because I kept saying, "Huh?"  I felt like an idiot.  He was nice and asked a lot of questions about my family.  I'm usually not chatty when I'm getting my nails done.  I'd rather get in and out.  And I hate not understanding what they say.  I'd learn Vietnamese.  But really, it would just be for once every 2 - 3 weeks.  And that's just stupid.  I need to learn Spanish.  Because I live in Texas.  And that would make more sense.  I digress.

This is where my day began to kick all kinds of butt.  I met my sister-in-law at the movies to see Gangster Squad.  Holy crap.  I LOVED It.  Oh, it was violent.  Lots of violence.  Lots of guns.  It was brutal.  But awesomely brutal.  Ryan Gosling did not disappoint.  And kudos to Josh Brolin, too.  A couple of doses of yummmmm.  This is a movie I will totally watch again.  My artsy fartsy friends liked Les Mis.  Me?  Give me an awesome action movie any day.  And this one did not disappoint!

The Spurs are headed into overtime right now.  I shall throw my focus on them.  I do love my Spurs!

Tomorrow is Saturday and this I know for sure, I will sleep in.

Goodnight Fans.

*muah*

No comments:

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...