Scoff at "resolutions" if that's your thing. I like them. I don't know that I actually call them resolutions.
In actuality, any day can be a fresh start. We can claim "do-overs" any time we wish. There's just something about the newness and actual fresh start of the new year.
So - - in tradition with being cheesy and doing "resolutions" I have a few in mind for me. Here are a few:
1. I'm going to blog more. I know I've said that before. But I'm actually going to do it. They won't all be long and thought provoking. As a matter of fact, most of them will be pretty nonsensical. Just a glimpse of my crazy life. I can go into more detail here than I can on Facebook. And I like that. I vow not to let Facebook completely destroy my blog. Boom!
2. I am going to re-start Couch to 5K. I have my first 5K I'm running in April. I am NOT ready. Not even close. I fell off the wagon a while back. And then I got really sick. As a matter of fact, I spent most of December coughing. Not quite the ab workout I was looking for.
3. Less internet and TV and more reading. And writing.
4. I'm saying good-bye to fast food. Seriously. No drive-thrus. If we're out of town, I'll make an exception. But in town? No. I'm done. Even if it could be considered "healthy." It's over priced. And lazy. And I'm not doing it anymore. Plan, plan, plan.
5. In keeping with number four, I'm going to work harder at meal planning. Menus. Even for me when I'm alone at lunch time.
6. I'm going to drink more water. It just makes sense. Good water, too. Not crappy San Angelo water. I like Fiji water. Snooty? I don't care. It's yummy.
7. I'm going to read my Bible more and do devotionals.
8. I'm going to work harder at cleaning house. I'm a neat freak. Not a clean freak. I would like to be both.
This is pretty sufficient for now. I'll adapt as necessary. But right now - - it sounds pretty stinkin' good. And healthy. Both spiritually and physically.
2013 - - it's ON!
No comments:
Post a Comment