Monday, October 18

Sweetest Day

Today is "Sweetest Day."  Uh, what the heck is that?

I don't make the rules.  Hallmark does.  I'm guessing.  It's all a gimmick.  But, since I don't make the rules, I'll just play.  I am now opening up the floor for all of my fans to tell me how sweet I am.  What do you find so sweet about me?  Try to narrow it down to a few things.  I know LOTS of ideas come to mind.  Just a few will suffice.  If you forget something, I'll remind you.

Now go on.  Leave a comment.  I'll leave the first one.  Feel free to follow.

Oh!  I just had a brilliant idea.  I will do a give-a-way.  You know - - 'cause I'm sweet.  I will comprise a care package of "sweet things" for the winner.  I will mail it, as long as you are in the U.S.

Pucker up my pretties.  There is no limit to the number of comments you can make.  You have until Friday at 5:00.  We'll call it "The Sweet Life Celebrates the Sweetest Week Ever."

Now - - GO!

21 comments:

~becky said...

B - - I think you are sweet because you didn't say anything snarky to the lady at Wal-Mart you caught stealing grapes today. That must've taken volumes of restraint. You're so sweet!

Unknown said...

I think you are sweet because you are one of my favoritest cheerleaders in this adoption cray-cray.

And I lessthanthree you more than life for it.

**swak**

Stephanie said...

I am rolling. I think you are sweet because just about every time I click on your little blog picture I end up laughing. And sometimes (all the time) I just need a little laugh in my day!

Traci B said...

LOL at your own sweet comment to yourself!! Love it!

I think you're sweet because you have a tender heart for people. You've got a sensitive spirit.

And I love the contrast - that you can be both sarcastic/witty AND very, very kind at the same time.

How'd I do? ;-)

Shawna said...

I think you are sweet because no one has ever scrapbooked a page with my picture in it. I was honored and overwhelmed with the turn out of the page. You are tops in my book! Plus, when you feel you need to call me, you do it. Even though I know you don't like to chat on the phone. That is very sweet! Have a wonderful day!!!

blouy21 said...

I think you are sweet because even though you are incredibly sarcastic (said from a fellow NSS member) (btw - I do love that about you too) you have a heart for people. Plus, like Shawna, you talk to me on the phone even though it's not your favorite thing to do. Love ya, sweet thing!

I read, just for an FYI, a blurb about Sweetest Day - it's supposed to be a fall Valentine's day. I agree that it's hype - just a way to get you to spend money on cards. Little do they know - we have Cricuts and no longer purchase cards!

MaierHousehold said...

So glad I got on here today! :)

I think you're sweet cause you're YOU! We have had our stumbles, but you still love me for ME!

MaierHousehold said...

Your HONESTY AND BLUNTNESS!

Baby Bro said...

I think your sweet because you understand that "It's not all about you".

~becky said...

Baby Bro does not qualify for the drawing.

For one - he does not meet the mailing criteria.

Secondly - as usual, he has no idea what he is talking about.

Finally - he gets points off for his improper use of your/you're.

So there.

MaierHousehold said...

Your sense of humor!

babybro'swife said...

Please disregard Bobby's comments.

number one - he didn't do too well in English; hence, the improper usage of "your". I deal with this on a daily basis.

b - he's just mad because you won't mail outside the USA

and three - he knows you're the sweetest sibling in the family!

~becky said...

Let the record reflect that Baby Bro's wife has significantly more points than her husband.

stuck in K said...

Does snarky/sweet qualify as the same thing cause I love both about you! You make me laugh harder than anyone else and wish that my brain worked like yours. *Plus* you showed sincere excitement instead of shock about our newest addition and that means a lot to me!

blouy21 said...

Love the baby bro/wife comments! That is great.

Laura said...

I think you're sweet because you are so fond of your Aunt Gannelle!

~becky said...

Aunt Gannelle. Heh. Thank goodness I'm not on her speed dial right now. And don't you DARE give her my number.

stuck in K said...

I think you're sweet for hosting these contests...

Anonymous said...

B - I second the observation by Babybro's wife. I sat in an English class with Babybro many years ago and actually heard the phrase, "uh. . .he got spit in the face?" come out of his mouth in answer to a question about a certain work of literature. I'm hardly able to finish typing this I'm laughing so hard thinking about it.

I think you're sweet because you take the time to make us all laugh and feel better about the world. Thanks, gopher girl! Luv ya!

Amy

Anonymous said...

Let the record show also that the above comment was made by babybro's wife's sister!

J. Page said...

I think you are sweet because your blog makes me smile or laugh pretty much every day...Also, because you have helped encourage and support me in more ways than you can imagine and you actually helped me make one of the best life choices I have ever made. I love that we have become friends over the internet and really hope that our friendship can grow in the real world too:). Love you my sweet blog friend!

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...