Monday, October 18

Our newest addition!

I first saw the commercials advertising the new Honda Odyssey a couple of weeks ago.  The first thing I noticed was that they changed up the body style.  A lot.  I think they are trying to compete with the crossovers or something.  Anyway, I was impressed.  I never said anything to Mr. B about it.  Then a few days later, he came home asking me if I'd seen them and what did I think.  That was on a Saturday.  He'd already been by the local dealership and talked to a salesman.  On Sunday, he took my by there to see one in person.  I really liked it.

I tried my best to push it to the back of my mind because I didn't want to get my hopes up.  I loved my other van.  But honestly, it didn't have a few of the "perks" that I knew I'd love.  The main one being bluetooth.  This one has it and a few other neat techie things.  They also re-designed the dash.  It is MUCH more user-friendly than my other one.  They must have had a lot of moms in their focus groups.  Any change I would have made was made.  Love it.

Saturday morning, Mr. B had an appointment to go by the dealership and "discuss" a trade-in.

He came home around lunch time and told me to get my stuff out.  He made the deal.

Here she is.  I'd like to introduce you to Penny.  (Named after a character on Big Bang.)  She is "mocha metallic" with beige leather interior.  She is a sweet ride.  I really, really love her.


I am in love!


Yes.  That is a Diet Coke w/Splenda in the console.  In my Starbucks tumbler.

The stereo/NAV stuff isn't touch screen anymore.  Whew.  That was only good for fingerprints.  I hated it.  This is voice activated stuff.  Way cool.  Now - - how do I keep the "new car" smell and avoid the "boys have stinky feet" smell?

5 comments:

Traci B said...

Gorgeous!! Congrats!!

Shawna said...

Awesome!
you let me know how to keep the boy smell out of it, I haven't figured that piece out yet...

blouy21 said...

I wanna know when the first road trip (even if it's a short one) is? Can't wait to take a ride in it and drool (I'll bring wipes) over all the techie stuff.

MaierHousehold said...

PRETTY....PRETTY!

Kristina said...

Very Cool! for a mini-van....lol

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...