Friday, October 22

Don't forget to comment!

The deadline is 5:00 today!  Read the entry below this one for more details.  Then comment in *that* entry.  I plan on putting together a "sweet" package for the winner!  I'm so excited about this one.

What's been going on in the mean time?  Sickness.  Mucho coughing.  I think it all started out as allergies and it spiraled out of control.  Fast.  Justin had the cough for about three weeks.  Then Mr. B got it.  Now my turn.  I think Cam may not be too far behind me.  Every time I get this crud, I lose my voice.  That part is TERRIBLE.  I can't talk without straining really hard.  And it's exhausting.  Try getting your kids ready for school without using your words.  The same applies to bedtime.  Frustrating.  I even fell asleep during Big Bang last night.  Does that tell you how crappy I've felt?  So glad it's DVR'd.  I need to watch it this morning.

I went on a field trip with the Kindergarten classes yesterday.  We went to the Goodfellow Air Force Base Fire School.  I started to back out, but I opted for "suck it up buttercup" and went.  I'm glad.  It was fun.  And - - I got to ride the bus with Cameron!  It was so fun.  The bus was everything I remembered and then some.  It was loud.  It was smelly.  It was hot.  And - - it was scary beyond all reason.  We had a driver that I'm CERTAIN hated her job.  She was a horrible driver.  She was impatient (give me a break, Kinders, some of which were on their very first bus), she hit the brakes constantly (seemed kind of passive aggressive) and then she'd slam on the brakes at stop lights.  On top of all that - - SHE WAS ON HER CELL PHONE!!!!  Oh, I called and complained about her.  I am so glad my kiddos don't ride the bus every day.  She was scary beyond all reason.  Scary!!!

Here is some eye candy from yesterday:


Cameron took that long awaited first step onto a school bus.


Think he was happy to be there?

Have a fantastic Friday.  I'll post the winner's name a little after 5:00 today.  Go comment on the "Sweetest Day" entry below to qualify for the drawing.

3 comments:

Shawna said...

That is just about the sweetest picture ever! You need to scrap that one of him at the bus window.
Bus driver was on her CELL PHONE! Driving the precious little ones??? WTH?

blouy21 said...

I'm glad you called about that driver. Hello? What are you thinking!

The pictures are awesome but I want to see the eye candy from the fire school. When I went there with a PPCD classroom and there were several 'eye candies' out there.

Traci B said...

Such cute pics!! That smile of his is adorable...

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...