Thursday, December 3

The Fray

You guys know how much music inspires me.  It triggers memories and emotions in me.  Big time.

I had to take David's car somewhere the other night because it was blocking me in.  (His car, not his truck.  I haven't been given the "opportunity" to drive The Beast yet.)  Anyway, his car didn't have any good cd's in it and it doesn't have XM.  I was forced to listen to the radio.  *gasp*  I know.  To think...

Anyway, a song came on and I found myself caught up in the familiarity of it.  But I couldn't quite remember where I'd heard it.  I texted some of the lyrics to David so that maybe he could find the song for me.  He couldn't tell.  So I looked when I got home.  I finally solved the mystery.  It was a song by The Fray.  It was played during a very emotional part of Brothers & Sisters a couple of weeks ago.  (I cry at the end of EVERY episode.  This episode was no exception.)  I found a clip of it on youtube.  If you don't watch, Sally Field is the mother.  Her daughter, played by Calista Flockhart, has been diagnosed with lymphoma.  She had just finished her first chemo treatment and her hair had begun to fall out.  She was terrified of how she'd look.  So - - well, just watch.  She conquered her fear with tremendous support from her mother and sister.  It was one of those scenes where I BAWLED my head off.  Watch it and tell me what you think:



Needless to say, this song is currently the most played on my iPod.  I love it.  It is "Never Say Never" by The Fray.

3 comments:

Shawna said...

I tried watching Bro & Sis in the very beginning, but couldn't keep my attention. However, I do love the song, it is also on my ipod!

~Alison Stepp~ said...

They use songs from The Fray on Gray's Anatomy too including the theme song....

Yoda said...

I like The Fray a lot...

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...