Thursday, December 10

The Cow Gives Birth

One of Mr. B's favorite shows is Dirty Jobs.  I don't complain much.  I think Mike Rowe is hot.  So I'll watch.  Last night, a scene came on where he was having to help deliver a calf.  David was grossed out and laughing about how MR had his arm up the cow's hoo-ha all the way up to his shoulder.  He then says, "Oh, wow, big contraction."  I was cracking up about how a cow's contraction could probably dang near pinch your arm off.  Or feel like it anyway.

That's when Mr. B said that he was glad he didn't have to experience a pregnancy with me.  (Should I be offended that his seque into this conversation was a cow giving birth?)  Pregnancy and then actual delivery.

He really started in on me.  He said I'd be screaming for my epidural and the doctor would say, "But B - - you are only in your first trimester.  No pain meds yet, you big wimp."

Should I be more offended by the cow giving birth leading into a story about me or by the fact that he called me out on the wimp thing?  Cow or wimp?  Which should I be more offended by?

6 comments:

Liz said...

I am laughing my head off.

MaierHousehold said...

WOW!

I can't stop laughing!

Who cares about the cow or wimp...ya'll are 2 peas in a pod.

Melanie said...

cow. definitely cow. ;)

Yoda said...

Cow...

Shawna said...

Despite my migraine, I laughed so hard at your post...Thanks for the giggle.

Kristina said...

I'm not sure. :)

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...