I've discussed before, ad nauseum, my extreme irritation of unsolicited e-mails. Especially from someone I specifically told that I didn't want any fast forward crap. I could not have been more specific. I believe my words were, "Here is my e-mail address. If you need to contact me about any of the subject matter we will be discussing or if you have a concern, please feel free to contact me. But please, I beg of you all, do not forward me the cutesy stuff. I know that there are some really sweet and cute things out there. And I know lots of people have lots of opinions about lots of issues. However, I don't have the time, or desire, to forage through it all. So please, limit your e-mails to issues we need to discuss. Okay? Thanks!!!" It was all said with a smile, received some giggles and we moved on.
Enter Mrs. Fast Forward.
She did not acknowledge the boundaries I presented her with. At all.
I finally added her e-mail address to my spam list and her e-mails go directly to my spam folder. She forwards everything. Eh-ver-eeee-thing. I occasionally peruse the spam folder to make sure someone isn't in there that shouldn't be. A few have slipped through the cracks before. I found the following e-mail from her:
Hey everyone! I am going to be on vacation for the next two weeks. If you would, please hold ALL emails until 12/14/09. Thanks for your cooperation.
Seriously? All e-mails? I've NEVER sent her an e-mail. Ever. Do you know what this tempts me to do? Do you see that twinkle of evil in my eye? I am inclined to find as much nonsense on the interwebs as possible. And the bigger the attachment, the better. I want to freakin' flood her inbox. I want it to be so flooded that she will consider contacting FEMA.
Will I do it? No. I'll likely never ever say a word to her because I don't want to hurt her feelings. I shall limit my cruelty to venting here. And since I didn't mention her name, I don't feel so bad.
Whew. I feel better now.
By the way, those of you that really know me - - you know when to forward. And thanks for that. Through the years, I've received some pretty funny stuff. And I love it. Please don't stop. But you know the rule, if you know it will dang near make me pee my pants from laughing - - send it.
Also - - you know I'm preaching to the choir. Right? None of my fans are known offenders. :-)
Okay. Gotta jet. Jack Black is on Yo Gabba Gabba. While I hate that show, I love Jack Black. So...
*smooches*
3 comments:
You never cease to amuse me!
I want it to be so flooded that she will consider contacting FEMA.
ROFLMAO!!!
PS - Also love Jack Black. You ever watch Shallow Hal? *surprisingly* good flick.
Post a Comment