Wednesday, October 21

Not as funny as it was sad.

I had lunch with Justin at school today.  All he had to hear was "cheese enchiladas" and he was like:  "Blech.  Will you please bring me lunch?"  Since I had not had the opportunity to do this yet, I jumped on it.  He ordered McDonalds.  No problem.

I signed in and headed down to the picnic tables outside of the cafeteria.

In walks my ex-brother-in-law.  To say that the man hates me is an understatement.  Which, I think, is vehemently stupid.  But - - that's his problem.  Not mine.  I didn't do anything wrong.  I stand by that.  I have nothing to hide from and nothing to be ashamed of.  So, when I run into him or his family, I smile.  It isn't often, but it happens.  I've never seen anyone make a walking u-turn any faster.  Needless to say, he didn't seat himself and his stepson at the same group of tables I was at.  Heh.

He won't even make eye contact.  That tells me a lot.

Actually, I feel sorry for people that are so misled and filled with hate.  It can consume you and turn you into an ugly person.  That's just - - sad.

What was cute was having lunch with Justin.  He was hilarious.  He invited me to join his class on the playground after lunch.  It's funny to watch him play with his friends.  He was thrilled when his 1st grader friend, Miss Q's oldest son, came out on the playground.  He tried to hug him.  E played it cool though. 

It was all cute.  I miss that kind of simplicity in life.

There is one little girl that stresses me out.  She is the bossiest thing I've ever seen.  I watched her boss kids around in the classroom yesterday and out on the playground today.   Miss Thang - - I'm keeping my eye on you.  I better not hear about you hen-pecking my son.

I need to go work on dinner.  King Ranch Chicken tonight.  Yummo!!!

2 comments:

MaierHousehold said...

You have a typo!

I'm just saying!

~becky said...

Not anymore. Bwahahaha!

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...