*insert happy dance here*
The past week was rough. No doubt. I'm certain it could have been much worse. Cameron went back to school on Wednesday and Justin went back to school today. It wasn't all sunshine and roses. I overslept this morning. I woke up at 6:40 when the alarm on my phone went off. I've started using it instead of my regular alarm. That way, I don't have to get out of bed when the alarm goes off. =] One problem. I didn't hit snooze. I hit the off button. Mr. B woke me up at 7:35 (when the first bell rings) and asked if I was still taking Justin to school. DOH! He was maybe a minute or two late. He ate cereal in the car and didn't brush his teeth. The principal was laughing as she caught a glimpse of me in my jammies. Nice. I was still in the car, but got caught nonetheless. That's right, mother of the year right here. Hey, I got him there. Right?
I took Cam to school and then went on a mission to get some things accomplished.
First, I hunted down a place to get my flu shot. They were giving them at my second place to stop. Luckily, I wasn't filing medicare like all of the seniors in there. I paid my $24.95 and got my shot. I waited in the line to pay longer than I waited for the shot. Now my arm hurts. Wahhhhhhh. However, I am pleased that is over with and I should be covered for seasonal flu this year. *crosses fingers*
Then - - coffee. I was right there. I had to. I'm already burned out on the Pumpkin Spice Latte. I consumed a Grande Caramel Machiatto. Yummmm. I consumed said coffee while I got my nails done. Sue hooked me up. They look awesome. Dang, she's good. Thanks, Sue.
After that, I went to find something Hawaiian to wear to a luau tomorrow night. (My buddy Shona turned 40 today. Big shin-dig tomorrow night.) Done. No grass skirt, but I have a shirt. And I'm going to wear sandals. So there.
I came home and did a little power cleaning/straightening. Before I knew it, it was time to pick the kidlets up. And there you have it.
Yes - - boring details of a stay at home mom. The good news was that I was free to do these things. No children in tow. For that, I was very grateful.
I watched a cheesy movie on Wifetime Movie Network and now I'm desperate for something decent to watch. I'd do me some Bourne, but that's too much concentration. Even though I've seen all three several times. I'm too tired to read. I know, I should go to bed. Meh. I'll tell you what, if you are still reading this, you deserve an award. I'm going to go pick a movie out and watch it. At least until I fall asleep. If you can guess what movie I watched, you get a gift card to Starbucks. How does that sound? I'll even mail it for any out of towners who want to wager a guess. First correct guess wins. Tomorrow, if I don't have a winner yet, I'll start dropping clues until I get a winner. Fun. A contest. Enjoy.
Now - - I'm off to choose a movie...
13 comments:
Sam's had flu shots for $4!
As far as a movie...my guess would be Jason Bourne, but you ruled that out. I'll have to think on that...maybe you'll give some clues.
Mama Mia
I'm with Yoda - Mama Mia - even though it's a singing/dancing movie.
Top Gun! And even if you didn't, you know you wanted to Beck :)
Amy
Such good ideas. And all movies I contemplated.
But not the right one. Yet.
Your first clue is:
Matt Damon
Oceans 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, or 15?
Oceans 11?
Oceans 12?
Oceans 13?
Titanic?
Oops, wrong actor. I could go on for many more guesses as he's been in a lot of movies according to www.imdb.com.....Good Will Hunting? That's all for now. Will check back to see if I'm the winner winner or need to guess more. Only 46 more movies...
We have a winner!!!
Debbie! You are Johnny on the Spot, aren't you?
I watched Oceans 11. I love the wit.
It's funny how well you guys know me. I contemplated the ones you all mentioned above plus Dirty Dancing, Sweet Home Alabama, The Notebook and Mona Lisa Smile. MLS was messed up. I was going to pick it. I actually started it but knew I would never make it through the movie. So - - I moved on to Oceans.
Congratulations, Debbie. Give me some time to get back over to Starbucks and then I'll have your prize for you.
Thanks for playing everyone.
Woo hoo. I'm siked. I'm glad I didn't have to go through all 40 movies though. Chai Tea Lattes here I come.
Post a Comment