Wednesday, August 20

I'm such a stoner...

Stupid, stupid, STUPID kidney stones. It hit at 9:00 this morning. By 9:30, I was miserable. The docs office got me in at 10:40. From there I went to have a CT scan done. Yes, another scan. These stupid stones are going to give me cancer from all of the radiation. I digress. The result: three more stones in my left kidney.

I know.

Are you kidding me? Why me? Why??????

Luckily, the pain in my back has seriously subsided. The worst part for me is when the stone leaves the kidney and goes into the ureter. So - - I'm guessing it has begun it's journey to leave my body. How do I know? I'm peeing blood now. TMI? Sorry. So - - yeah. This is me. I'm basically a granny at 37. My freakin' body is falling apart.

I'll live.

Your job, you ask? Give me a cool nickname. It was Kim's idea. Give me a nickname in the comments section. Any of the comments in the next few days. Then I'll create a poll and you can pick my new nickname. Why do it? Why not? Because somewhere in this, I'm going to have some fun. I might as well involve my fans.

Okay - - I'm out.

2 comments:

MaierHousehold said...

Well, you decided to do it! Now I really have to try to come up with a name for you! My little pea brain is going to be hard at work! A nice little distraction for me so I don't worry about the 1st day of Kindergarten!

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Do you remeber the "Glo Worms"  Your comment about the radiation made me wonder if when D puts his arm around you at night if you light up and glo?  My vote for your nickname is "Glo Worm".  Hope you feel better soon.  If your up to it we are heading to the pool tomorrow morning.  I know the boys would have fun and we could just veg.  We have dentist appointments at 3 so we will have to leave by about 2:30.  Call me.Susan

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...