Sunday, August 17

Home Sweet Home

What a trip! We spent Thursday and Friday at Sea World.. Thursday was kind of a bum haul. Most of the attractions in Lost Lagoon were closed. It seems that most of the lifeguards had to go back to school and there weren't enough left to operate that part of Sea World. We were upset! Justin didn't understand why he couldn't go over to the part where the huge bucket dumps water over you. You could see it, and the bell kept ringing that the bucket was about to dump - - but no go. The slides were closed, too.

As luck would have it, these things were open when we returned on Friday. Whew! Friday was a blast. Cam and I vegged in the shallow end of the wave pool most of the day. Justin and Mr. B rode the two person tube slide like a gazillion times. I rode it once. It was fun. But as you can see, I'm not the most graceful person in the world and I didn't want to subject another soul into seeing me try to get up out of that tube.


Thanks to Mr. B for catching such an attractive shot of me. I wonder what that poor lifeguard was thinking. If you'll notice, I'm such a doofus - - I'm still holding on to the handle. Ugh.
Poor Cam wasn't big enough to ride much.


He was pretty bummed that he couldn't ride this slide. Here he is waiting for Justin and I to come down. So sad...


A question for you: Are your kids or kids you know also completely fascintated with characters in their full costume? Oh. My. Gosh! My kids were downright embarassing. Cameron is completely in love with everyone he encounters. No fear. Just a mushy love-fest. Here he is hugging "Shampoo."


Friday night, we took the boys to Chuck E. Cheese. I'm probably one of the few adults in this world that has *zero* problem with this place. Yeah, so their pizza isn't that great. Who cares? At least you have the option of purchasing it or not! (That's my dig against that dreadful Mr. Gatti's.) I like Chuck's safety measures, too. Both boys went cuh-razy when Chuck himself came out into the gameroom. Here is a picture of Justin hanging all over him.


The funny part was when he asked Chuck if "this was his place." Mr. B and I laughed our rear ends off. Funny boy.

I forgot - - before we went to Chuck's Place that night, we stopped off at my favorite scrapbook store - - Scrapbook 911. I had zero time to shop (boo) but was able to pick up my prize from the RAK on their blog. I won some Making Memories flower stamps. Cool. I could have spent hours in there. Plus - - they were having a crop at the time. It was like pouring salt directly into a wound. I want to crop there sometime. Nice store.

Saturday we took the kids to the Children's Museum. Meh. It was okay. I'm sure there are nicer places to go. The kids had fun. I guess I just expected a little more. When we left there I was determined to catch a glimpse of the Alamo. Let me first say that it was *freaking hot* walking around downtown and I didn't have my SLR camera. At this point, I had sweat dripping from places that just aren't right. This is the best shot I got...

Remember the Crooked Alamo? I told you it was a crappy picture.

Did I mention that it was like Africa hot there?

I've gone on long enough. I'm going to try to put a lot more pictures on our family site tomorrow.
Oh - - btw - - how about that Michael Phelps? Yes, life is good. I'm going to miss watching him swim.

*swoon*

Okay - - I'm seriously gonna jet now. I hope you've had a fantastic weekend.

*smooches*

3 comments:

Shawna said...

Friday in San Antonio was sooo hot!!! We took the boys to Fiesta Texas and luckily they have the water park, too. We really enjoyed Fiesta much better than Arlington. We will go back!

~B said...

Oh my gosh! You were in SA the same time as me? Dang it! We *so* could have hooked up.

Next time!

We are going to do season tickets at Fiesta next year.

Road trip...

Shawna said...

I would love to meet you guys at Fiesta next year. I really did enjoy that one better than ours. We can't wait to go back.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...