I finally saw it! And I loved it! I took the DVD over to Angie's house. But first, I stopped off at the movie theater to grab some popcorn. I've never done that before. H says that they sometimes do that. So I thought - - why not? It was delish!
First, let me admit, I didn't read the book. And - - I had only some random knowledge about King Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn. I don't think the story is completely factual. But that was okay. Lots of movies are done like this. (Take Titanic for instance. I know that story about Rose and Jack isn't true.)
Anyway - - the story was intense. To say the least. There were some pretty passionate scenes in there. *gasp* Like I said - - intense.
The absolute BEST line of the movie:
"By allowing a man to believe they are in charge - - that is the art of being a woman."
~Lady Elizabeth Boleyn (Anne's mother)
Some problems with the movie. There were several holes. "What happened to so & so?" That was the case with like three characters. Then, the movie just ended. I mean, most of us know what eventually happened to Anne. But it was just like *bam* - - end the movie now. I would have liked a little more there.
Overall, it was a great movie. I give it an A-.
(Oh, by the way, I watched Mamma Mia for a fifth time now. I love it a little more each time!)
No comments:
Post a Comment