Big news in Anytown, USA. Mr. "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" Clinton is coming here. Tomorrow. Now, I am a Republican. I've never made any bones about that. I vote Republican.
HOWEVER - -
I am dying to go see the former POTUS speak. Why? Because he is a former President. That's why. It's our history. I may never have an opportunity like this again. I don't know. I might. What if I don't? So - - I'm taking my Republican self down to City Hall and I'm going to listen to his speech. Yes, he is campaigning for his wife. I don't care. I'm going down there with my 35mm camera and a super-mega lens in tow. I'm going to listen, respectfully. (I have *some* class. I won't boo or be an idiot or anything.)
The mister is somewhat mortified at the mere thought of my attending. Why would I want to go? Someone might see me there and *gasp* think I'm a Dem. I don't care. I want to hear what he has to say and see him for myself. History in the making. It's an election year. It's big. I'm excited. A former president. I think that's cool.
(Psst. By the way -- I did not vote for him. Just sayin'.)
I will report back here, hopefully with a picture or two.
2 comments:
Fill me in on how it goes with Mr. BC.
Are you still waiting???
K
Post a Comment