Tuesday, December 5

If you can't find me, just look under this picture



Yes. That's right. I'm right there under that black cloud. I think that lightening bolt just hit me. Again. What a day. I have the worst luck ever. When my luck shifts, I'm going to Vegas. I wouldn't go now for anything. Maybe just for the fountain show at the Bellagio. Only with my luck, they would have cancelled it. My first order of business today: chip a tooth. Not just any tooth. One in the front. I went by the dentist's office to get an appointment to get it fixed. The cost: $785. That's right. American dollars. Not pesos. Not yen. Cold, hard, American cash. Oye. How did I chip the tooth? Good question. I thought I had something stuck in there. I wish "flicking it" with my tongue. I got it out all right. The whole top part of my freakin' tooth. Now this princess will finally get to get her crown. Only not the kind of crown she wants.

Second on the agenda: not learn from previous mistakes. In our usual chaotic, trying to get out of the house state this morning, I put a cd I was making for a friend on the roof of my car. I loaded the boys in the car (with the full intentions of grabbing the cd before I drove off.) Ummm, yeah.....it didn't go down that way. (Does anybody know about my Netflix nightmare earlier this year? David found one of the dvds. The other - - well, I can only hope that some good Samaritan mailed it back for me.) I did it again. Twice in one year. Will I ever learn. I would have given anything to have seen the look on my face when I realized what I did. However, there was a brief spot of sun shining through that dark cloud because when I retraced my route, I found my cd on the side of the road. Whew. One crisis of the day averted.

Third: Justin had his follow up with Dr. W about his huge, gaping hole in his ear drum. Yep, it's still there. Not healing. At all. He damaged the bone. Who does this? Who does this kind of damage to their eardrum? Ummm, maybe the same kid that one year ago ripped his nostril off with his sippy cup? I digress. Again. Okay. I'm finding my happy place. Breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth. Ahhhh.... That's better. Back to Justin. It looks like he will require surgery to repair the damage. The thing is, Dr. W is not real eager to do the surgery on J yet because of the post op requirements. While I agree that he is not going to be the most cooperative patient, I think she wrote him off from the "get - go" and she probably can't be objective anymore. The only reason I've stuck around with her so far is because she's supposed to be the best *and* I'd hate to repeat the stuff we've done with doctor visits so far by selecting a new doctor. David said they tried to do another hearing test on him. Did they not learn their lesson the last time? On a three year old? Are you *kidding* me? Then David said J came out of the room, crying and the lady outside offered him a sticker. As J was moving over to pick one out, the lady operating the hearing test shouted out not to give him one because he didn't do the test. Oh no, she didn't. I know my kid was being a turd but you do *not* do that. It's a good thing I was not there because I would have lost my mind. I'm ready to go kick some ass right now. Uh oh, back to the happy place. We're supposed to schedule another follow up for April. Maybe I'll be in a better mood by then.

I need to go. The one thing I've got going for me today is that Nip Tuck is on tonight and it's a new episode. (The season is nearly over. Blehhhhh....) The dishes are done. The tree has ornaments on it. I have egg nog in the fridge. Life may be getting a little better.

No comments:

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...