Well, someone opened up the gate and let the crazies out again. They are easy to find on the weekends. Especially in or around Wal-Mart. First, en route to that joyous of all places, someone had pulled up too far at an intersection. I was trying to turn left and it was a little close, so I was taking it slow. Apparently a little too slow for the individual behind me. He layed on the horn. My church AWANA shirt I was wearing saved him the "bird." Actually, my good conscience saved him the bird. I was hoping he was headed for the same place I was. But no. Either DQ or Lowes. Oh well. Probably better off. He may have had a gun. He already had a bad attitude.
I made it in the store, in desperate need of a potty. Closed. That figures. I'll go to the one in the back in a minute. I can hold it. Off to cosmetics to find me a fingernail file. That's when I bump into Gothic Chick. She thought she'd just use some fingernail polish off of the shelf and then put it back. I *so* came close to saying something to her but what I failed to mention was that she was substantially large. She could have pummelled my butt. I was afraid of her. So instead, I alerted the pharmacy staff and they called store management. By then, Gothic Chick was gone. Oh well. I tried.
I made it to the back of the store and those restrooms were closed too. Uh oh. My bladder is quite full at this point. I better hurry and get my list of things and hurry home. I finished shopping and headed to the front of the store. Did I mention that everyone and their dog were shopping at Wal-Mart at 5:30 tonight? They were. I waited in line. A while. I tried to make small talk with the checker. You know - - brighten her day. I don't think she was game. Anyway, I asked about the bathrooms and she said something about a main water line in the city breaking and both restrooms were closed. It may be 3 - 4 days before the problem is corrected. I knew our water pressure was bad earlier but I didn't realize that the problem was so wide spread. I finished checking out and walked quickly out the door. (I still had to go. Bad.) As I was leaving, the big trucks out front were unloading porta potties. Can you imagine? The crazies and porta potties? Gross!
2 comments:
When ya gottat go, sometimes, ya just gotta go!
That water thing has been all the rage on the Boxes today... you know you live in a small town when...
Post a Comment