Friday, July 21

Wal-Mart.com Photo Center Sucks

Ugh..... Let me say that again. UGH!!!!!!!!!

I have been picking out pictures all week to have printed out for my crop tonight. I submitted them online to Wal-Mart at 9:21 this morning. Because of their "high volume" my order summary said they would be ready at 11:21. I can forgive an hour. Even though one-hour service isn't technically one hour anymore, but whatever. I need to quit using one hour service and plan a little further ahead next time. That's beside the point.

I went at 12:00 (I gave them an extra 39 minutes) and THEY HAD NO RECORD OF MY ORDER. Yes, I'm yelling. Not at you. It's my frustration. I had a *small* window where I could pick up my pictures, head to my LSS, powerscrap the pictures and head back home. They called some 800 number in Dallas and 10 minutes later told me that there was a "problem with my account" and I could get my picture in 3 - 5 days. Huh???? That doesn't exactly do me a lot of good for tonight. I have a freakin' project I'm working on. I have a crop tonight. CRAP!!! Then, that butt-munch at the counter said to me, very condescendingly, "Well, did you get e-mail confirmation of your order?" No, I didn't. I assumed that because my order summary said that they'd be ready at 11:21, then that was good enough. Apparently not. Then that *man* asked me that question again. (Same tone.) I could feel the steam shooting out of my ears just like in the cartoons. He's real lucky I've been doing a Bible Study lately that helped me keep my composure and not just absolutely *go-off* on him. It wasn't his fault, but he didn't have to act like such a *man.* I was the dumb woman who didn't wait for my e-mail confirmation. I shouldn't let anyone make me feel that way.

So, I get home, calm down a little. It's not worth the headache I'm getting. I called the customer service number for Wal-Mart.com myself. A woman answers. (After I listened to their stupid hold music for five minutes. Are you adding up how much of my *valuable* time I've waited on them today?) My intelligence was further insulted after she read an obviously scripted response to me. It's not just me, it's their online one hour service. They have since taken the service off of their site all-together until it is fixed.

Did they send me an e-mail telling me there would be a delay? No. Did they offer to give me a discount or give me some other "perk" for my inconvenience? NO. Will I submit pictures to them ever again? No.

Whew, I feel a little better. But if they charge my credit card, after I cancelled the order, I *will* go off. Ugh.

1 comment:

Yoda said...

Oh. No. They. Did. Not.

Girl, how did you not tell me about this tonight? Or did you want me to read it here instead? Good for you for taking the high road and maintaining your cool. Me? I might have had to go on a killing spree. :D

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...