Monday, July 31

Aunt B's All-Time Favorite Movies

After careful deliberation, I have narrowed my list down to the top twenty-five favorites. They are in no particular order. Just my faves. It's hard to pick one as the best. So, without much further ado:
  1. Tombstone - "I'm your huckleberry."
  2. Mr. & Mrs. Smith - They are just *hot* together. I love their chemistry.
  3. My Best Friend's Wedding - Dermot Mulroney
  4. Vacation with Chevy Chase, the first one, the original. This is where it all started!
  5. Top Gun - the volleyball scene ("Playing with the Boys")
  6. To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Numar - You go Wesley Snipes! I love you Miss Noxema Jackson.
  7. Sixteen Candles - "Oh sexy girlfriend...."
  8. U-571 - Matthew McConaughey, intense, intense movie!
  9. Footloose - Gave us all a Biblical reason for dancing!
  10. Grease - This should be on any female, 30 something's list!
  11. The Sound of Music - Oh, that scene where Maria is teaching the boys how to dance and the Captain steps in. It sends chills down my spine.
  12. The Sixth Sense - Hands down, the best psychological thriller I've ever seen.
  13. The Silence of the Lambs - I loved this movie. So, so cleverly done.
  14. Under the Tuscan Sun - Diane Lane was fabulous, she made me want to pick up and move to Tuscany. (Dang that married realtor. Why did he have to be married? That would have been an awesome hook-up!)
  15. Mona Lisa Smile - I loved Kirsten Dunst in this movie. She did a fabulous job.
  16. Stepmom - Julia and Susan - need we say more?
  17. Lonesome Dove - Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones, great western
  18. Return to Me - What a beautiful story, I fell in love with David Duchovny in this one!
  19. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days - Matthew McConaughey
  20. The Pirate Movie - Christopher Atkins & Kristy MacNichol
  21. Titanic - Just a good love story
  22. Pearl Harbor - fascinating account of the events intertwined with a love story
  23. The Notebook - a lifetime of love, a love that stands the tests of time.
  24. Sweet Home Alabama - A love that was meant to be, and a past that couldn't stay there
  25. When Harry Met Sally - "I'll have what she's having."

1 comment:

MaierHousehold said...

Great choices! Most of which are some of my favorites as well.

K

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...