Okay, the fake nails addiction needs to go. They have begun to interfere with my scrapbooking. Do you know how hard it is to handle a mini brad or an eyelet with those things? It's crazy. Since I was too cheap to get a new set this past time, I got them polished. (Which, by the way, can and *will* transfer to your projects.) They are also too expensive. I'd rather spend my money on scrapbook stuff. Maybe if I'd lose some weight I wouldn't need artificial means to feel better about myself. (Ouch! Yes, I said it.)
That brings me to my next subject. I'm feeling a need to really pull this weight off, tone my *not so sexy* body and get in shape. I *hate* the huge mirror in my bathroom. I feel sorry for David. He must really love me because I'm really not looking good. At all. It's time to put some action to it. I've lost at Weight Watchers before and I know I can do it again. Truth be told, if I'd stayed with the program, I wouldn't have gained all of my weight back in the first place. It's a lifestyle change. I need to change my lifestyle. I've got kids now. I need to do it for them. I want to run and play with them both now and with their kids many years from now. That first step is the hardest. I need to be completely committed or it won't work. My mirror is quite an inspiration. I want to feel pretty. Right now I don't. I know there's more to a person than outward beauty. Okay, I'm rambling. I'm going to lose weight. No more of "well, I'll start after that birthday party or after I go to that crop. It starts this week. Goodbye Fatty McButter Pants (any King of Queens fans?). Hello new, thinner, sexier, healthier, happier Me!
4 comments:
I know EXACTLY how you feel, I've been there too, still there right now. I've lost with WW and I want to get back on the wagon and it is hard. I'll try if you try. WE CAN DO THIS!! It's scary to make a committment, at least for me, I'm afraid I'll just "fail" again. I've gained back about 10-12 lbs of the 25 I lost. I know how it is. You're NOT alone! :)
The Fox
We're there! I'm going to start counting points on Saturday. I probably won't go to the meetings. But I'm going to weigh in once a week at home. I'll weigh in at the same time on the same day. I know I said no after, but I have to retract a little. I will watch what I eat and not freak out or anything, but I'm going to make it official on Saturday. It's time to *kick some fat!*
I just have to say that while I know and understand everything you are saying (and I am *not* arguing at all), I think you are very pretty and you carry that extra weight very well. The only reason I know what you're talking about is because I saw you in those tiny black jeans at WW before Thanksgiving one year. You'll get there again... we all will. In 2001 I was smokin' hot, and my DH is going to be there before long. I want to "connect" with him when we're both hot, so I've got some catching up to do. ;)
Edited to add: "smokin' hot" was used as a relative term, not a definitive one. :P
Post a Comment