Wednesday, February 8

Recognized!

I entered three layouts in the competition for the stock show and rodeo creative arts division.  On a whim, I checked their website a while ago to see if the results were posted yet.  I didn't think they would be, but they were.

And get this.

Wait for it...



Wait for it...



Wait for it...



I finally got a blue ribbon!

Out of the three I entered, I got 1st, 3rd and a tie for 4th.

A blue ribbon.  A BLUE RIBBON!  I'm so stinkin' happy it's not even funny!  Well, it is funny.  There were only 8 entries.  This was my second year to "compete."  I got one 2nd last year.  This year I get two ribbons, a small financial award  (but I get my entry fee back plus a couple of dollars) and I get bragging rights.  I'm trying my hardest to win with grace.  And be humble.  But dang it!  I got it.  And I am so, so, so happy.

I don't know which layouts placed where but I have my suspicions.  I'll post them when I find out for sure.  Which may not be until next week.  But that's okay.  I'm just gonna float around on this cloud for a while.  Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Congratulations! I enter our State Fair here too. I took last year off...too many things going on. You have to post your winning entries.

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...