Tuesday, February 14

Murphy's Law - - Again.

I got a factory recall notice on my van the other day.  Something about software causing the low battery indicator light to come on unnecessarily.  Which mine has.  So I called to make the appointment to get it fixed.  I made the appointment and mentioned that I *might* be due for an oil change, too.  He said to wait until that particular indicator light came on.  Okay.  Whatever.

So this morning at 10:30, I hauled myself (Starbucks coffee included) and set up camp in the lobby of the Honda dealership.  I had a Bible study to work on, so I worked on that.  It's interesting the attention reading a Bible drew.

Anyway, I was there for about an hour.

This afternoon, I begrudgingly went to a Valentine party at school.  (See previous post.)  When the kids and I got in the van to come home, guess what happened?  Yep.  That stinkin' light came on telling me that I needed an oil change.  GAH!

I called and asked when their *least* busy time was.  He asked if I could come right away.

So we loaded back up, took homework with us, and went back to the dealership.

The good news is - - I shouldn't have to see them again for another 3 - 4 months.  And the software has been upgraded.  I should be set.  Oh, and homework is done.  Whew.

Time to start my not-so-gourmet dinner.

Such is the life of B.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Story of my life! :)

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...