Cameron has had a cough for well over a week. No fever. So I figured it just needed to run its course. Late yesterday afternoon I thought it sounded pretty bad and it seemed to really be wearing him out. So - - I called and was able to get him in with his pediatrician this morning.
Here he is in November of 2005 getting a breathing treatment:
In April of 2007:
And today:
It breaks my heart to see this. We've been lucky so far. It hasn't been as bad on him as it has been on other kids. Thank God it's not a daily thing. It's not even weekly. But to watch them struggle to breathe - - it's sickening. The treatment this morning at the doctor's office just wore him out. But it helped. A lot. We were given the option of an inhaler in lieu of breathing treatments at home and we went with that. He's already a pro at it.
He's not sick. But his allergies are absolutely kicking his butt. He's back on Claritin daily and three hits from the inhaler every day. We go back in a week to see how he's doing.
No basketball tomorrow. He said he'd like to still sit with his teammates on the bench. *sigh* I just love this kid. He still melts my heart.
1 comment:
Hope he's feeling better! Connor suffered from the croup when he was little and sometimes THAT scared the crap out of me with the couch and icky breathing.
Post a Comment