Wednesday, February 1

Great Day Yesterday!

David had an awesome birthday.  I could tell.  He was grinning from ear to ear when he got home from work.  He came in to the house to see this:


The boys were shouting "Happy Birthday Daddy!"  It was good times.  They wanted him to open presents right away.

Justin got him a shirt that he thought would be just perfect:


Cameron picked out his favorite one for Daddy, too:


Both boys gave him a gift certificate for a massage and I gave him a gift certificate for one, too.  Mr. B LOVES getting massages.  And we've finally found the most awesome and professional one here in town.  She is so nice, we go to church with her and, well, she kicks butt at her job.  So he was happy to get not one, but two gift certificates to go see her!

I started a new family tradition yesterday.  I finally purchased a red "You are Special" plate for us.  On special days, the special person gets to eat off of the special plate.  Aunt G's family has one and I've wanted one for a while.  Finally found one yesterday.  Here is Mr. B with the new plate both showing it to us and eating off of it.




I made one of his favorite meals.  Asian Chicken and Noodles.  He had three "special" plates of it.  He said it was very good.  So good that he was too full for his dessert.  Cheesecake!


He wouldn't tell us his wish.  But he later revealed to me that his wish came true.  *snicker*  I knew what his wish would be and I knew it would come true.  *more snickering*  And we'll leave that at that.

It was a good day.  We all felt so blessed.  I love my family!


I did buy me a little something yesterday, too.  Check out this sign I found.  I HAD to have it.  It spoke to me.  It's in the corner by the sink in the kitchen.  Too funny!


Have a great day fans!  And watch out for my flying monkeys!!!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

I love your "You Are Special" plate idea! It looks like your DH had a wonderful celebration with his family AND I'm with your husband...I LOVE massages and am very lucky that my oldest and dearest friend is a massage therapist so she gives me my monthly massages for FREE!

~becky said...

We had a wonderful day. I love the special plate, too. I get to eat off of it on Monday!!!

I love massages, too. And I don't go get them nearly enough! You are so lucky to have a good friend hook you up. I'm jealous!

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...