Tuesday, March 22

Television Spring Cleaning

I'm not physically cleaning the television.  (Although I should.)  I am cleaning up my DVR and my viewing options.  What exactly does that mean?  I'll tell you.  I am breaking up with more shows.  And a few I'm quitting mid-season.  Why?  They suck.  I don't have time to watch crap.  Here is a list of those on my ax list:

Desperate Housewives
Brothers & Sisters
Army Wives
Dancing With the Stars - didn't even start it.

I've deleted all of them off my DVR and I canceled the series record settings on them.

*claps and brushes hands off*

Done.

I'm on the fence about House.  I love his sarcasm.  But even that show is jumping the shark.

I broke up with Daytime Drama about a year or more ago.  Not missing a thing there.

I am, however, very hooked on Grey's Anatomy.  I'm not caught up yet, but I'm getting close.  I've been watching it on Netflix and I've loved every second.

I still very much like The Good Wife, Big Bang Theory and Survivor.  The Office?  Meh.  Not so much.  I'll watch it if I've got nothing better to do.  But let's face it, even it's not as good as it used to be.

Now - - if you'll excuse me - - I need to dock my iPod into the stereo system and get a little housework done.  I'm finally feeling better and I want this house to reflect that by the time Mr. B gets home from work.  I may even walk on the treadmill again.  *gasp*  I love having my energy back.  It's been a looooooooooong three weeks.

Oh, by the way, my mouth doesn't hurt today!  I've left that stupid retainer in non-stop.  I think I may even be getting used to it again.  It's help me stop snacking, too.  Score!

Gotta jet.  I'll post my play list later!

*muah*

4 comments:

~Alison Stepp~ said...

I did a lite version of that the other day... I am really behind on desperate housewives & haven't even missed it!

I am way behind on grey's anatomy!

I had too much crap recording and not near enough time to watch it I lost too much time watching poopy shows this season....

Shawna said...

WTG B!

Traci B said...

I've broken up with Desperate Housewives, too. Just got tired of the same old stories...

I quit watching Brothers & Sisters a couple of seasons ago. Too melodramatic for me...

Still an avid fan of Justified, American Idol, Dancing w/ Stars (Ralph Macchio can dance! Who knew?), Vampire Diaries, and the Real World (<--horribly ashamed of that one, but it's my biggest guilty pleasure).

I'm also loving re-runs of Seinfeld and Who's Line is it Anyway. Yeah. My t.v. dance card is full.

J. Page said...

Wow I am impressed! I probably need to break up with a few shows myself...In the last 2 weeks I have quit watching my daytime shows- Rachael Ray (she drives me crazy), Martha Stewart, and Ellen...I am getting so much more done (including getting on the floor more with Q) and the quiet in the house is so peaceful. Two shows I highly recommend to you if you aren't already watching- Parenthood (reminds me a little of Brothers and Sisters b/c of big family dynamic but so much better!) and Modern Family...

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...