I think I've self-diagnosed what is going on with me. I think. I'll find out when I see my doctor this morning. I'll let you know if I was right when I get back. I tried to get in to see him yesterday when I was downtown for my dermatologist appointment.
I had my first two suspicious spots frozen off. Um, that stings. Now they are both blistered over. Gross. He said he thought they were both benign. So that's good. Sunscreen folks. Sunscreen. I love being tan. But I also love to live and not have nasty spots on my skin. So I'm thinking, now that I'm a freaking geriatric, I need to take better care of my skin. I should have been doing that a long time ago. Grrrr.
I've been "grrrrr-ing" a lot lately. I wonder what that means. I guess I can just be grouchy mama bear.
I'm going to attempt to do some light housework before I go see the doctor. It's amazing how fast this place goes to hell in a hand basket when I'm not up to maintenance work. This sore throat has really kicked my arse.
Okay. I'm outta here. Maybe a hot cup of Casi Cielo will give me a little boost today. I'll post later.
3 comments:
Hey... what made you go check out the spots? I wonder about that a lot. Obviously living on the equator will do that to you. I wear lots of sunscreen, but I dont have any "ouchy" spots on me yet... at least I dont think so. So what was it? A freckle that hurt or what? Drink some of that coffee for me.
The one on my hand was just so dark. Not real mis-shaped. But dark. The one on my leg had started growing. They just looked suspicious. Given Dad's history, I knew I should get them looked at. They weren't bad. Just ugly. So the doc burned them off. Now I have to be a maniac about using sunscreen. It stinks. I love me a good dark tan in the summer. I also like to be alive and I am not a huge fan of pain. So - - pasty white I shall be.
Glad to hear the spots weren't anything. I go have a "skin check" once a year. I, too am a sun worshiper and I use SPF60 and because of that I make sure to do the skin checks.
Post a Comment