Friday, October 17

I'm home.

Well. I survived. I didn't go in until nearly 3:30. You can imagine how thirsty and hungry I had gotten by then.

I was fine until they took me back to the G.I. Lab. As they started to prep me, I started to cry. Just nervous tears. I felt bad for doing that. I remember gagging a little as they did the endoscope. I hated that. It's a faint memory though. Then there was the reaming out of the bottom floor. I remember some of that, too. I remember saying ouch and moaning.

They took me back to the room and got me settled in. A few minutes later, they brought me a diet coke. It was SO good.

The doctor finally came by and gave us the report. He said that my colon looked fine. And no stomach ulcers either. There were a couple of red spots that they decided to biopsy. Just to be safe. We'll know the results to those in a few days. He didn't think it would be any big deal. He did confirm IBS. I already suspected that. He said he'd talk to me about it in more detail in a few days. (I was kind of loopy then.)

So. That's it. I'm home. And I'm still loopy. I ate a cheeseburger, fries and am drinking a diet coke. Ahhhh....

Thanks for your support and prayers.

<3,

B

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are home. TMI though. Guess I don't have to read it huh? Well, yeah I guess I do. Never know when I might be the topic. Oh I dread the day. Oh, I am tired of the little signature... smack it or whatever. I think you should do a poll and get a knew one. I'll start it off with a suggestion... um... hmm.. lets see... how about... Sincerely, - No just kidding... how about "[turn page]"

Shawna said...

So glad you're home!!!

Selenaintx said...

Glad you're home and it sounds like things went well. Enjoy eating and your Diet Coke!!!!

MaierHousehold said...

So glad you made it home safely without any hitches or glitches!

Do you have a new found appreciation for cheesburger, fries & diet coke?

Reality Check

Sometimes it's the little reminders to be grateful. I was headed back to work from my lunch break. I sat in the parking lot in my car fo...