Who is pouting? Me. That's who.
Why?
My kids sound like at any moment they could cough up a lung. They are doing fine during the day. But at night - - oh my. At 3:00 this morning, I wrapped Justin in a blanket and took him outside in the cool air. That's what Dr. P said to do. And I'll be danged - - it worked!
I'm pouting because Mr. B and I had to cancel our plans for tonight. We were supposed to go to the West Texas Rehab Center's dinner show. The entertainment? Ronnie Milsap. I was really looking forward to going. I always love the dinner show and I was pumped about RM. It takes me way back. I remember a certain family vacation where we listened to a CD of his. The. Entire. Way. Both ways. I know every word to most of his songs. I was *so* excited about going.
We just can't leave the kids with anyone. Not only is it not fair to the people keeping them, it's not fair to our kids. When they don't feel good, they need Mommy and Daddy.
So - - social stuff takes a back burner to parenting. That's the way it should be.
I'm still bummed though.
1 comment:
Me so sorry! That dinner theater sounds like a really good time! Ronnie Milsap brings back a bunch of memories!!!
You better be careful...you are starting to earn back your mommy of the year award!
Post a Comment